Monday, March 29, 2010

Life - A gasp for air in an ocean of thoughts

Too poetic? Well as our readers can tell, NIC and I have both been consumed by our daily rituals and have neglected this blog (me more so than NIC).

But today I have to pause for a gasp of air, last night I lay in bed drowning in thoughts, thoughts of the future, the present the past. Mistakes I have made that I can never take back, decisions I am making today that will affect my future when I stopped myself and cleared my head.......God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

A dear friend just recently gave a book to read every morning or night that gives daily mediations and affirmations. It is great! It makes me stop the mess that is going on in my head for a couple of minutes a day to reflect on what really is important.

Today I only have control of what I do and must be ok with that.

I came up for a gasp of air and gave myself time to read my favorite blog, Cator Sparks Diary of a Sugar Dandy. He recently posted about his trip to Africa and how alive it ,ade him feel. It was just what I needed. I need to feel alive. I love what I am doing but feel trapped in the routine of it.

I am drowning in a pool of thoughts and need to remember to swim up for air.

1 comment: